Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tao te Ching: 81

True words are not beautiful;
Beautiful words are not true.
A good man does not argue;
He who argues is not a good man.
A wise man has no extensive knowledge;
He who has extensive knowledge is not a wise man.
The sage does not accumulate for himself.
The more he uses for others, the more he has for himself.
The more he gives to others, the more he possesses of his own.
The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure.
The Way of the sage is to act but not compete.

1 comment:

  1. So you finished your task.
    And now? Have you decided if deep study Confucio or Buddha?

    I will continue to read your previous post until I finish my personal investigation on Taoism. I expect to complete my way at the end of this year. Then I would like to study Confucio. Sure I will take advantage from my job trips in china for visiting Wu Dang Shan, the sacred mountain of Taoism.

    Karagounis78
    http://karagounis78.splinder.com

    ReplyDelete